- D.O.B.: 21/03/1997
- Player Positions: Flanker (Blindside), Flanker (Openside), and Number 8
- Availabilty: Yes
- Nationality: New Zealander
- Coaching qualifications: None
- Current teams: Canterbury Country Districts (Representative), Southbridge (Canterbury Country Combined Competition)
- Entry route: Youth Mobility Visa
- Available: September to April
Sam Heselwood is a strong, 6ft/95kg back rower from Canterbury in New Zealand. A typically hard-working Openside flanker, Sam is renowned for his defensive work and tackle count. Most comfortable on the openside, he is equally able to play blindside and No. 8 but prefers wearing 7.
Playing his club rugby for Southbridge RFC in the Canterbury Country Combined Competition, the same club that produced a fairly capable young fly-half, Dan Carter, Sam is also a representative quality back-rower, representing Canterbury Country Districts in 2018.
Sam is looking to head overseas for the 2019-20 season and test himself in a high standard of rugby in the UK and will no doubt be a great pick up for any club seeking a mobile, hard-running and defensive machine with a good rugby brain for this season.